450 women killed in Pak honour killings in 2002

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Sun Feb 16 12:28:22 PST 2003

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003, Ulhas Joglekar wrote:

> Please see the article "Honour killings:Whose honour is it in any case?"
> posted by me on lbo-talk on January 5, 2003.

Thanks, Ulrich. It's a good article. But like I said, I'm familiar with honor killings from the Middle East. (They take place inside Israel and occupied terroritories too, BTW.) It's these community of elders-ordered rapes of women who have committed no crime themselves (even under these medieval criteria of what constitutes a "crime") that are new to me and which I've never heard of anywhere in the world outside Pakistan and outlying parts of India.

I'll check out the archives you suggest.

Michael