Vive la France!

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Feb 16 17:21:55 PST 2003

ChrisD(RJ) wrote:

>On Tuesday, the New York Post ran a cover story that
>featured stark pictures of white gravestones at
>Normandy

Which can for a day or two more be seen at <http://www.nypost.com/seven/02102003/index.shtml>. Also worth looking at is the weasels cover, in which the heads of the German and French ambassadors are replaced with weasel heads <http://www.nypost.com/seven/02142003/index.shtml>.

I don't think Taibbi said that some other reasons France gets bashed and Russia gets a pass are that the U.S. wants French oil rights in Iraq, and Russia's really big, a former superpower that could be one again. The U.S. likes weak targets. Besides, red-blooded Americans have long hated France.

Doug