Vive la France!

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 21:10:59 PST 2003

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>... Besides, red-blooded Americans have long hated France.

Never one to resist the fray, ever ebullient Ed Koch has reportedly added a classical touch to this latest Francophobic frenzy: "... the former Mayor of New York, Ed Koch, ... angered by what he considers French racism, ends his weekly radio broadcasts with Caesar’s tag: 'Omni Gaul Delenda est!' (All Gaul must be destroyed)."

<http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_16-2-2003_pg4_8>

(I must admit the Pakistan Daily Times is pretty far afield to go for local NYC news, and I have not seen this item reported by any NYC news media.)

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail