oh intellectuals!

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 17 20:19:03 PST 2003

Feltrinelli, the very rich Italian publisher of innumerable leftist and Third World texts, would, I betcha if I read the bio just published by his son (review by neo-con Mark Falcoff in AEI magazine <URL: http://www.aei.org/news/newsID.15826,filter./news_detail.asp > ) , would have had a very nice sportscar and enjoyed expensive wine.

"Nothing Is Too Good For The Working Class"

-- Michael Pugliese

February 2003 Books & Bombs Feltrinelli by Carlo Feltrinelli translated by Alistair McEwan Harcourt. 344 pp. $30.00 Reviewed by Mark Falcoff “A STORY of riches, revolution,and violent death”—so reads the subtitle on the cover of what purports to be a biography of the late Italian publisher and political radical Giangiacomo Feltrinelli. The author is Feltrinelli’s son, who was a small boy in 1972 when his father was accidentally killed as he tried to blow up an electrical pylon in an act of sabotage, and this volume is obviously intended as a gesture of filial piety and justification. Instead, it inadvertently pulls aside the curtain on a postwar Italian intellectual culture that, to say the least, does not fare well under scrutiny. <SNIP>