Fwd: [RTSNYC] Virtual March on Washington

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Feb 18 10:29:32 PST 2003

[not sure about this, but...]

From: "ricardo dominguez" <rdom at thing.net> To: <RTSNYC at mediajumpstart.net> Organization: The Thing Subject: [RTSNYC] Virtual March on Washington Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:19:16 -0500

PS. as a side note - the first Virtual March actually occured in 1996 as a Virtual Marcha for the Zapatistas out of ACT LAB in Austin Texas...but it is nice to see it jump around again.

ciao, ricardo <<>>>

Join me in a Virtual March on Washington

Please join me in registering for a Virtual March on Washington on February 26th. We are asking Congress to stop the Bush administration's rush to war, and to Let the Inspections Work. Time is running out.

With your help, on February 26th, every Senate office will receive a call EVERY MINUTE from a constituent, as they receive a simulataneous crush of faxes and email. In New York and Los Angeles, "anti-war rooms" will highlight the progress of the day for national media. Local media will visit the "anti-war room" online, to monitor this constituent march throughout the day.

With your help, every Senate office switchboard will be lit up all day with our anti-war messages. This will be a powerful reminder of the bread and depth of opposition to a war in Iraq.

Just go to:

<http://www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/>

Please join me and sign up today. This has never been done before. Let's be part of it.