wine

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Tue Feb 18 11:35:20 PST 2003

At 09:17 AM 02/18/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I agree with Michael: great wine CAN be made in California. It rarely
>is, though. At each of the price-points {$10, $15, $20, $25, $30 and
>$30+} dollar-for-dollar you'll find a better experience in France than
>California.

Theoretically, I'm sure it can. My ex lives in wine country (Glen Ellen) and tells me that over-cultivation is now becoming an ecological disaster in that area.

I have never understood the blather about Calif wines. I still prefer the French. Not at all a connaisseur, but would say (anecdotally) that french wine has more depth and dimension.

Joanna