Turkey and Saudi Arabia are both saying that no troops without UN authorization

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Feb 18 16:06:53 PST 2003

I beginning to think that Nathan may be right on this score. Bush has a relatively narrow window of oppurtunity to work in. If he isn't prepared to use his troops soon, then he is going to have to start bringing them home. Meanwhile the diplomatic and political problems for Bush and his allies abroad continue to accumulate, without any sign that they are going to quickly better for Bush or them.

Interestingly enough, Mark Jones (remember him Doug?), for reasons similar to those that Nathan cites, has been predicting for some time that Bush may not be able to go to war, and that will be forced into a humiliating withdrawl of American forces from the Middle East. We shall see.

Jim F.

________________________________________________________________ Sign Up for Juno Platinum Internet Access Today Only $9.95 per month! Visit www.juno.com