Vanishing Marxism on LBO-talk

soil ride solrde at msn.com
Tue Feb 18 21:55:10 PST 2003

In regards to religion, Islam for many reasons intrigues me because it encourages scientific thought and awareness in the world, as well as having a sense of duty to the world-especially when it comes to social justice and equality and human rights.

Of course, however, making everyone believe there is a God is ludicrous-esepcially when it comes to solving problems in society-but even in the area of "religion", Marxism has played a key role just as it had a role in South America in Liberation Theology-of which I am always interested and fascinated with.

What role does "science" play in the real world? That is the question.

----- Original Message ----- From: "soil ride" <solrde at msn.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 12:49 AM Subject: Re: Vanishing Marxism on LBO-talk