Boring Lefties

Colin Brace cwb at lim.nl
Wed Feb 19 00:39:17 PST 2003

How come there has been no mention of Michael Moore and Barbara Ehrenreich in this thread? Both have had bestsellers the past year in the US -- or is this east/west coast folk buying copies for each other?

Say what you like about Moore -- he is a lefty and he is not boring...

In <5EB4135E.68821CF0.346F2FA5 at netscape.net>, on 02/18/03

at 09:09 PM, MurdochLance at netscape.net (Lance Murdoch) said:

[...]

> talking about whatever, Chomsky spends a large amount of time talking to
> small groups out in the heartland, and answering in a considerate and
> thoughtful manner virtually every letter and e-mail he gets.

There is a new anthology, Understanding Power, which is 400+ pages of transcriptions of just such encounters. I find in many ways Chomsky at his best (thanks in large part to the two hardworking editors of this volume).

--

Colin Brace <cb at lim.nl>

Amsterdam

http://www.lim.nl