Decline of the Print Media Re: Boring Lefties

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Wed Feb 19 10:31:55 PST 2003

At 12:23 PM -0500 2/19/03, Chuck0 wrote:
>Whenever I go to the bookstore these days and I see all of the right
>wing books on the shelves, I always wonder why progressives and
>radicals can't do better.

Are right-wing books really doing well? Evidence?

At 12:23 PM -0500 2/19/03, Chuck0 wrote:
>One new theory that I'm mulling over is that too many talented left
>writers are ensconced in academia and are wasting their time turning
>out unreadable postmodernist crap.

Many in the humanities are liberal, but there are few left-wingers of any kind in academia. In any case, few writers of any political persuasion can make a living just by writing. Teaching (at any level) is one of the common day jobs that writers often need. -- Yoshie