Decline of the Print Media Re: Boring Lefties

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Feb 19 12:00:31 PST 2003

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

At 2:08 PM -0500 2/19/03, Chuck0 wrote:
>>Are right-wing books really doing well? Evidence?
>
>Bestseller lists.

-What books are on the bestseller lists at present?

#1. THE SAVAGE NATION, by Michael Savage. (WND/ Thomas Nelson, $24.99.) A radio talk show host proposes to save America from "the liberal assault on our borders, language and culture." (+)

#4 LEADERSHIP, by Rudolph W. Giuliani with Ken Kurson. (Miramax/Hyperion, $25.95.) The former mayor of New York discusses what it takes to be a leader and addresses subjects like the crime rate and 9/11.

#6. THE RIGHT MAN, by David Frum. (Random House, $25.95.) A former speechwriter for President Bush relives the first year of his administration.

But then you do have:

#8 STUPID WHITE MEN, by Michael Moore. (ReganBooks/HarperCollins, $24.95.) The man behind "Roger & Me" takes aim at Republicans and Democrats, corporate America and our "nation of idiots." (+) (Been on the bestseller list for 44 weeks)

#11. PIGS AT THE TROUGH, by Arianna Huffington. (Crown, $22.) The columnist describes "how corporate greed and political corruption are undermining America." (+)