Decline of the Print Media Re: Boring Lefties

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Feb 19 14:12:18 PST 2003

Nathan Newman wrote:
>How about union publications which go out to millions of people each month?
>UAW's Solidarity is pretty decent and some others are pretty good.

-Huh? Solidarity sucks. Teamster sucks. The last time I saw 1199 News, -it sucked. There's no political education at all. What do you have -in mind here?

Well, we disagree. I think UAW's SOLIDARITY has some very decent articles on the global economy, on debt relief, on a number of other issues. Not indepth as you might want, but a reasonable monthly dose. My point was not that any of the publications was sufficient to themselves, but that there was far more stuff being sent out.

I have no idea of the quality of turn of the century political magazines in comparison that people look back to so fondly.

-- Nathan