Bina on Iraq

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 16:21:24 PST 2003

I found this piece to be interesting. I have been putting forward (mostly on other lists) that this slogan "Blood For Oil" has real problems (1) because of the relatively "bloodless" (at least in terms of US casualties) nature of recent US "wars" and (2) because I am not convinced that it is PRIMARILY about oil.

Anyway, I would be interested in hearing what some of the economists on this list have to say about this piece.

-Thomas --- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
> [Rakesh Bhandari forwarded this analysis of the Iraq
> crisis to me for
> forwarding here. I added some paragraph breaks to 3,
> since it was one
> forbidding block in the original.]
>
> Let me take this opportunity and write up a few
> lines on the issue of

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"