Ramsey Clark & the right to counsel

loupaulsen at attbi.com loupaulsen at attbi.com
Thu Feb 20 08:50:12 PST 2003

I'm sorry about that, jks, I didn't mean it as a slur on court-appointed lawyers in general and I apologize for the implication. I didn't mean that all court-appointed lawyers sleep through trials. I just wondered if Doug thought that the suspect in this case, who was arrested in Texas after all, should get only a very bad lawyer. Because it's clear that Doug is NOT saying they should have gotten a better lawyer than RC. He's saying "RC was their lawyer, so now RC has no credibility."

lp