right of return

dave dorkin ddorkin1 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 20 14:58:57 PST 2003

I am saying that one of the main reasons that it currently seems so impractical is that so many have given up on the issue or never raised it. It can not be denied that failing to point out the lack of similar treatment leaves one in a weaker moral position which translates into a weaker political position as well. Unless you dont think that people would care if they were told this, it makes sense to point out the gravitity of the wrong and hypocracy even if you dont end up asking for the right of return at the ned of the day.

Otherwise, it is the Israeli's who will seen to be "reasonable" and "compromising" and not the Palestinians who could use the good moral standning in Western eyes. How do you get historical amnesia from this? 1300 years of virtually undisputed residency by a group of people seems pretty good historical grounding to me.

DD