size counts

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at sun.com
Fri Feb 21 15:22:49 PST 2003

At 05:53 PM 02/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm not sure what to think of this article, but did you read the whole
>thing? Underneath the "150,000" number (which is the TOTAL EXITS FOR
>THE ENTIRE SYSTEM ON SUNDAY, and don't forget that each person trips two
>"exits" in a typical r/t) there's these two paragraphs:

I don't know what to say. I was there. I have been going to demos in SF for twenty years and that was the biggest I have ever seen. The cops stated at the time that it was the biggest demo in SF in california history.

I can also understand why officials and their media mouthpieces would want to minimize the numbers....and let us eat cake.

Time will tell, and my suspicion is that these numbers will get even bigger.

Joanna