Has anyone heard about a new debt ceiling yet?

Fri Feb 21 20:52:42 PST 2003

Steven wrote:

>Not sure about an end of the world scenario, but a higher debt ceiling
>will put downward pressure USD, which needs all the help it can get
>right now. That is, if you believe the Bush administration's public
>statements about a strong dollar policy.

Doug wrote

Yeah the US$ is looking wobbly <http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^XEU&d=c&k=c1&a=v&p=s&t=6m&l=on&z=m&q=l>. Foreign exchange trends often last a long time. If the Bush admin believed in a strong dollar, they wouldn't be running such big deficits and alienating your creditors with your political belligerence.

Are you one of those left Austrians?

Doug, not sure I understand your comment: "and alienating your creditors with your political Belligerence." How should I interpret this?

As far as being one of those "left Austrians" ... I'm not sure yet as I am still progressing up the learning curve in an attempt to find my way. But honestly, I like what the Austrian economist have to say and don't consider them as being "left." You are far more versed in economics than I, so perhaps you can shed some light on your position and your perception of "left Austrians."