Palestinian Exiles' Right of Return -- Feasibility

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 22 14:33:59 PST 2003

I didn't say that the Palestineans should not have a right to return. And indeed, I don't think that Jews should have one to Israel, since it's not a "return" -- I came from Ohio, originally, and have no connection with Israel except that I was born into a Jewish families who ancestors practiced a religion that, like several others, originated there several thousands of years ago. I did say, however, that the Israeli Jews who are there have a reasonable expectation of being able to stay there, living in peace and equality with their Arab and Muslim neighbors, enjoying their property, etc.

Yoshie asks, Is it unreasonable to ask that Israel live up to its obligations under international law? No. Is that sensible place to start as a practical political demand right now? You gotta be kidding. The sensible place to start right now is: End the Occupation! Stop the violence!

jks