focus gropus & demos

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 23 12:20:31 PST 2003

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>[Amazing comment from Luntz at the end.]
>
>New York Times - February 23, 2003
>
>To Bush, the Crowd Was a Blur
>By TODD S. PURDUM
>
>... Mr. Luntz said what he saw of the protests "shook me up."
>
>"The fact that these were the biggest demonstrations in three decades does
>say something about underlying public opinion around the world," he said.
>"You can't ignore it. You don't have to accept it. You don't have to follow
>it. But you can't ignore it."

Maureen Dowd put it well in her column today: "Only last week, ... [Bush] derided mass European protests against the war, saying listening to the marchers would be like relying on focus groups to set foreign policy. (Millions of people marching in the streets of world capitals is not a sampling of opinion; it is opinion.)"

<http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/23/opinion/23DOWD.html>

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail