RES: Bina on Iraq

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 23 20:21:40 PST 2003

I said: (course the Russians have the Bomb too, but their technology is primitive).

Alexandre said: -Russian miltary technology is far from being primitive. Actually the Russians have the means to deliver their-A-bombs where they want, a thing that the French don´t. And their conventional hardware is as good as-European one. This isn't worth an extended dispute, but it's something I used to know a lot about -- through 1988 or so I could have told you the CEP (accuracy) of every Soviet missle, the capabilities of WP tanks, and the like. Unless Russian technology has improved a whole lot since the fall of Communism, which I seriously doubt, I don't think that outside a handful of weapons systems, mostly fairly low tech, that their military technology was a serious match for anything the West could field. Hell, their missles were liquid fueled and their jets were using vacuum tubes. Their assualt rifles were the best, though. True, they can still blow up the world, but it doesn't take much to do that. jks