Boris on Russia and the war

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Mon Feb 24 04:23:14 PST 2003

Doug:

Hey that's no problem. I like Boris, but I don't always agree with him. But what exactly did he get wrong? --- It's another mechanical application of his paradigm on Russia which exists everywhere he writes. It goes something like "Russia's elites are selling the coiuntry out to the West (which is just empirically not true), the Russian economy is going to crash at any moment (I'm still waiting), Putin's popularity will plummit (boy am I still waiting for that, it's been three years) and then the left will come to power in Russia." Ho hum.