Communist Party of the USA (marxist-leninist)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 24 08:06:07 PST 2003

I asked Penny Schantz, a DSA "Youth Organizer" right after the merger w/NAM, about Conyers. Red-Diapers. He was more than o.k. about working w/DSA but unlike Dellums and Major Owens was/is not a paper member. George Crockett from Michigan was CPUSA. Hugh deLacy from Washington State, who was in Congress in the late 30's was CPUSA. Bill Domhoff had him speak once to a class on Labor and the Left. Said all the PopFront bromides, presented a strategy just like the Progressive Party of '48. Book by neo-con, Harvey Klehr, "Far Left Of Center, " Transaction Books, circa mid-80's has a few pgs. on Congressional reps. and Senators (like Carol Mosely Braun who just re-emerged to announce her candidacy for Pres.) who have been friendly w/CPUSA.I'll get it again via inter-library loan.

-- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to

each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that

we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted

at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy