white trash

Brian O. Sheppard bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Mon Feb 24 14:17:01 PST 2003

And I thought Wojtek up until now was simply lovably cranky. I'm not into identity politics at all, but to me, white trash is extremely offensive. When growing up in Tennessee it was usually used against us by well-educated whites, rarely if ever by African-Americans. Another thing I also loathed were well-educated, wealthier whites who tried to use "white trash" in convos with blacks as a cheap way to get in good with them. Usually it was the wealthier whites that were/are immeasurably more racist in the final estimation, however.

Go start your leftist hair metal band, Wojtek,

Brian