Ramsey Clark Fights For Peace

Reed Tryte reed_tryte at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 24 18:06:14 PST 2003

I really know nothing about Ramsey Clark and his compatriots, and it's hard for me to want to learn. But this does make me curious. Can anyone with real knowledge of Clark explain why he would do this exact thing at this exact time? Is it just the excitement of feeling he is an Important Person? Is he in fact everything Charles Krauthammer would claim? Or is it something else?

(My apologies if this story has been mentioned before.)

http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=242734&lang=e&dir=news

[...]

Meanwhile, Iraqi President Saddam Hussein said US President George W. Bush has behaved without manhood and chivalry toward Baghdad, and that Washington would fail to humiliate Iraq...

Saddam later met Ramsey Clark, a former US attorney general who has been an opponent of a US-led war against Iraq. INA said that during the talks Saddam saluted anti-war protesters who have staged mass rallies across the world.