re Ramsey Clark Fights For Peace

steve philion philion at hawaii.edu
Mon Feb 24 20:44:39 PST 2003

This is fucking idiotic and destructive. Would one of you Clark apologists explain how this serves the cause of peace?

Doug

--I won't play the role of Clark apologist, but according to the article:

"Saddam later met Ramsey Clark, a former US attorney general who has been an opponent of a US-led war against Iraq. INA said that during the talks Saddam saluted anti-war protesters who have staged mass rallies across the world. (Albawaba.com)"

--one thing Clark did was set up an interview between Dan Rather and Hussein, according to Rather. Clark probably went there to get information on where Hussein's head is at at the moment that he couldn't get any other way....I'm not sure what the big deal is really, it's not like Clark came out of the mtg. and said "Praise Saddam"...

steve