Ramsey Clark Fights For Peace

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Feb 24 21:03:31 PST 2003

LouPaulsen wrote:

>What IS your point? Would Hans Blix be a bad man if he met with Saddam
>Hussein? Would Colin Powell be a worse man if he met with Saddam Hussein?
>Then why is Ramsey Clark a bad man if he meets with Saddam Hussein?
>
>I bet you wouldn't have acted that way about someone who met with Bill
>Clinton.

I'm judging the relative evil-doing of a U.S. president and SH - there's no question that the occupants of 1600 have killed far more people than SH could dream of. I'm talking political symbolism. It is madness for a "leader" of the U.S. antiwar movement to be anywhere near SH when he praises antiwar demos. If you don't have any idea of how hopelessly bad that looks - i.e., how many people it could potentially turn against the movement - then you're in the wrong line of work.

Doug