forget clark (was ramsey clark fights for peace)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 11:09:38 PST 2003

I dont see the big deal one way or the other about the Clark meeting.

I dont watch much television, but I just saw the most remarkable thing on MSNBC. While they were interviewing some expert as to whether or not he thought Bush really meant that he would, if he could, have Hussein assasinated, there flashed on the screen various coups or attempted coups by the US government: 1953 in Iran, The Bay of Pigs invasion, Chile, Grenada, etc etc. It's interesting how far the idea that the US has the right to intervene for "democratic" purposes has penetrated into the mindset of Americans. This was quite brazen. It was as though they were saying, "Look, we have done this before, and sometimes it worked."

-Thomas --- Jeffrey Fisher <jfisher at igc.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 07:16 AM, Dennis
> Perrin wrote:
>
> >> Help, I'm starting to sympathize with Christopher
> >> Hitchens. Someone please make this feeling go
> away.2) as dennis points out, the democracy
> aspect of this
> liberation project (and, by extension, hitch's
> position on the war) is
> rapidly losing credibility.

===== <<Be like me! The Primal Mother, eternally creative, eternally impelling into life,

eternally drawing satisfaction from the ceaseless flux of phenomena.>>

-Nietzsche, "The Birth of Tragedy"