Gold

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Wed Feb 26 15:22:52 PST 2003

Recently someone on lbo-talk posted a short news blip about an effort to create an Islamic bank based on the gold standard located in Malaysia or something.

As long as we are wandering around in the land of the gold standard, does anyone understand the Islamic laws about financial matters? The only thing I understand is that there is a prohibition on interest, but I do not understand how that is operationalized within the present financial sytem.

So why base an Islamic bank on the gold standard? What would be the big pitfalls?

Ideas?

DoreneC