Shock And Yawn

topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au topp8564 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Thu Feb 27 01:50:43 PST 2003

On 27/2/2003 6:59 PM, "lbo-talk-digest" <owner-lbo-talk-digest at lists.panix.com> wrote:

> The Secretary of State of a Republican administration and former
> cold warrior just admited that the September 11, 1973, US backing
> of the coup in Chile was an error and that the US isn't proud of it. Surely
> Chomsky can admit a mistaken analysis.
>
> Peter

This admission is completely trivial and obviously related to the fact Chile is being a tough nut to crack in its opposition to this war. Maybe in 20 years' time we'll hear some muted half-hearted acknowledgement that full blown international law nihilism was not such a great idea after all...

Don't tell me that Hitch is dragging you into his dandy republican stupor.

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP: www-mail.usyd.edu.au