science project

Bradford DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 26 22:14:11 PST 2003

>It's that time of year again...for the dreaded science project. If
>any of you could recommend a SIMPLE project that could be completed
>in a couple of weeks and could be comprehended by a nine-year old,
>please write me offlist. Actually, the nine-year old is totally OK
>and likes science, the real problem is the mother (me), a science
>moron.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Joanna

Well, we're trying to grow mold on different kinds of bread--pumpernickel, whole wheat, white; store-bought, boutique-bakery-bought, home-made. The mold hasn't been appearing, so this evening I put a small piece of rotten strawberry on each slice to try to jump-start the process (and nearly lost my cookies)...

Brad DeLon