"Israel's proxy war"

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 27 21:06:37 PST 2003

Sharon Says "we control America", Congressional Pandering to Israel Proves Him Right Monday, November 19 2001 @ 01:34 AM GMT By Dr. Mohamed Khodr On October 3, 2001, I.A.P. News reported that according to Israel Radio (in Hebrew) Kol Yisrael an acrimonious argument erupted during the Israeli cabinet weekly session last week between Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and his foreign Minister Shimon Peres. Peres warned Sharon that refusing to heed incessant American requests for a cease-fire with the Palestinians would endanger Israeli interests and "turn the US against us. "Sharon reportedly yelled at Peres, saying "don't worry about American pressure, we the Jewish people control America." "The Israelis control the policy in the congress and the senate." Senator Fullbright, Chair of Senate Foreign Relations Committee: 10/07/1973 on CBS' "Face the Nation". "I am aware how almost impossible it is in this country to carry out a foreign policy [in the Middle East] not approved by the Jews..... terrific control the Jews have over the news media and the barrage the Jews have built up on congressmen .... I am very much concerned over the fact that the Jewish influence here is completely dominating the scene and making it almost impossible to get congress to do anything they don't approve of. The Israeli embassy is practically dictating to the congress through influential Jewish people in the country" -----Sec. of State John Foster Dulles quoted on p.99 of Fallen Pillars by Donald Neff The long history of bipartisan Congressional support for Israel led former Secretary of State James Baker to call the Congress "The Little Knesset" after Israel's Knesset (parliament) in Jerusalem. Congress's embarrassing and unpatriotic display of allegiance to a foreign country that is dependent on American largesse and support is the unknown scandal to the American people. With the media's strong, biased and sympathetic portrayal of Israel while simultaneously denying any opposing view of Israel or human pictures and stories of the endless suffering of Palestinians, its no wonder that we the American people are so unaware of the true face of Israel. Thus shockingly but not surprisingly only 4 % of the American people are aware of Israel's 34 year brutal military occupation of the Palestinian people. Only at times of war and threat upon the U.S. does our Senate ever exhibit the strong bipartisanship support of America it regularly provides Israel. Despite our current crisis in airline security, Congressional political bickering continued for weeks between Republicans and Democrats placing American lives at risk while foreign aid to Israel was quick and automatic (about $6 Billion), even at a time the Congress is telling us of budget deficits and lack of money for the unemployed American workers. As an American I am outraged at the blind historical allegiance our Senators have provided Israel while they neglect many of our pressing domestic issues such as airline security, Social Security and Medicare Reform, Education Reform, Health Insurance for needy Americans, Money for Dilapidated Schools, and Prescription Coverage for our Elderly. Our Congress operates on the premise that most Americans are disinterested in foreign policy thus they have a vacuum to provide Israel with blank checks and our latest F-16 fighter jets that Israel uses to kill Palestinian civilians. They depend on our media to keep us uninformed and distracted with Sports, Harry Potter, and scandals. During America's war on terrorism, President Bush and Secretary Powell have worked hard to keep a fragile coalition among the 55 Arab and Muslim nations. To do that they've finally listened to British Prime Minister Tony Blair, other European and Arab leaders and reengaged in the MidEast peace process. Bush has ignored the Israeli Palestinian conflict since taking office thus allowing Sharon to reconquer and reinvade Palestinian territories during this Intifada that has cost over 800 Palestinian lives and 175 Israeli lives with hundreds of Palestinian homes demolished. For the first time Bush uttered the word a "Palestinian state" (is it conceivable that the President of the most powerful nation on earth doesn't even dare utter these two words). Powell has repeatedly criticized Israel for its assassination policy, its house demolitions, its invasion of Palestinian controlled territory, while he and Bush have repeatedly asked Sharon to pull out of Palestinian territory, Sharon simply ignored them and even compared them to Nazi appeasers. None of Sharon's rebuttals of the American President during this crisis even generated any criticism from our brave Congress. No one can imagine any other country able to tell its benefactor "take your demands and shove it." Now the stage is set for the much awaited Powell speech, a new initiative on the Middle East on Monday, November 19, in Kentucky. It's been billed as a historic speech. According to the British Telegraph site (telegraph.co.uk) on November 18, Powell's original aim was to set out the administration's vision for the creation of a Palestinian state, including complete Israeli withdrawal from Gaza and the West Bank, to be followed by peace negotiations on "final status" issues such as borders, refugees and the fate of Jerusalem. He has been encouraged by signs that moderate Arab states will recognize Israel and its continued right to exist if the Palestinians decide to do so themselves, an essential element of any peace agreement. Even Iran's long standing opposition to the Peace Process was dropped when last week President Mohammad Khatami of Iran said: "If the Palestinians accept this issue we will respect the wishes of the Palestinian nation." However, and as is customary whenever there is a possibility of Israel being criticized, the Pro Israeli forces come out in force to pressure the White House to tone down or modify its wording. Due to intense pressure from Congress, the media, and the powerful American Jewish lobby, the White House has intervened to tone down Powell's speech on the Middle East planned for November 19. President George W Bush is believed to have blocked Powell from putting too much pressure on Israel to make concessions in the search for peace. As a result, according to Washington officials the watered down speech is "less of a new initiative and more of a general call for people to buck up their ideas". THE ROLE OF THE HOUSE AND SENATE IN SERVING ISRAEL NOT AMERICA 89 SENATORS URGE PRESIDENT BUSH NOT TO HAMPER ISRAEL, November 16, 2001 According to the New York Times in an article titled "Senators Urge Bush Not to Hamper Israel" (Nov. 17), 89 Senators signed a letter to President Bush urging him not to restrain Israel from retaliating fully against Palestinian violence and to express his solidarity publicly with Israel soon. The letter was a preemptive strike against Secretary of State's Colin Powell's anticipated speech on the Middle East conflict intended to silence any direct or indirect criticism of Israel and from offering any hope to Palestinian aspirations of a homeland based on UN Resolutions 242 and 338 which call for Israel to withdraw from all occupied territories it conquered in its 1967 pre-emptive attack on Palestinian and Arab lands. In the letter the Senators praise Mr. Bush for refusing to meet with Arafat and for snubbing him at the U.N. refusing to even shake his hand. As is usually the case the Letter was prompted by American Jewish groups imposing their sentiments upon "our?" Congress. According to the Times, the letter, "stemmed from a meeting two weeks ago between leaders of the American Jewish community and key senators and was proposed by Senator Christopher S. Bond, the Missouri Republican. Particularly active in providing advice on the letter was the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), the principal lobbying group for Israel." This letter by 89 Senators is one in a long history of letters and resolutions adopted by "our?" Congress meant to intimidate and squash any movement by a US President that seeks peace negotiations for the Israeli-Palestinian conflicts based on the internationally accepted formula of land for peace based on UN Resolutions 242 and 338. This Congressional doormat policy toward Israel began on September 21, 1922 whereupon the U.S. Congress endorsed the British Balfour Declaration. U.S. CONGRESS ENDORSES BALFOUR DECLARATION: SEPTEMBER 21, 1922 Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress Assembled. That the United States of America favors the establishment in Palestine of "A" national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which will prejudice the civil and religious rights of Christian and all other non-Jewish communities in Palestine, and that the holy places and religious buildings and sites in Palestine shall be adequately protected. (Public Resolution No. 73, 67th Congress, Second Session). Letter to President Ford by 71 Senators Concerning "Reassessment", (December 9, 1974) Dear Mr. President: In writing to you about recent developments in the Middle East, we wish to reaffirm the commitment to the survival and integrity of the state of Israel that has been the bipartisan basis of American policy over 26 years and under five administrations. We do not believe that a policy of appeasement (note: this appeasement charge written 27 years ago was just recently echoed by Sharon: thus the same cliches are used over and over again to protect Israel) will be any more successful now than it proved to be in Europe in the 1930's because we confront an appetite which grows on what it is fed. We urge that you reiterate our nation's long-standing commitment to Israel's security by a policy of continued military supplies and diplomatic and economic support. In doing so, you will be acting in the best interests of the United States and with the support of the Congress and the American people. (note: again using the link that what's good for Israel is good for America, no one has been allowed to challenge this dangerous falsehood). Senate Opposes Unilateral Declaration of a Palestinian State, March 11, 1999 By a vote of 98-1, the U.S. Senate approved a resolution March 11, 1999, asking President Clinton to oppose any unilateral declaration of an independent Palestinian state. A similar resolution was passed by the House on March 16 by a vote of 380-24. Sen. Robert Byrd, a West Virginia Democrat, cast the sole vote against the measure. 96 Senators Call on President Clinton to Support Israel (note: only part of letter shown) October 12, 2000 All but four members of the U.S. Senate signed the following letter to President Clinton expressing their solidarity with Israel. The four senators who did not sign were Spencer Abraham (R-MI), Judd Gregg (R-NH), Robert Byrd (D-WV) and Chuck Hagel (R-NE). The bipartisan letter was circulated by the Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott (R-MS) and Tom Daschle (D-ND). Dear Mr. President: We write to you to express our solidarity with the State of Israel at this moment of crisis and our profound disappointment and frustration with PLO Chairman Arafat and the Palestinian Authority...We are deeply concerned at the continuing, coordinated campaign of Palestinian violence.

http://www.americandefenseleague.com/onaleash.htm <URL: http://abbc.com/usa/11sep.htm > <URL: http://zog.to/3/Sharon/Sharon07.htm > <URL: http://www.wrmea.com/html/newsitem_s.htm > <URL: http://www.fpp.co.uk/online/01/10/Sharon3.html > <URL: http://www.whitesurvival.com/Articles/Ariel%20SharonWe%20Control%20America.htm

-- Michael Pugliese

"Without knowing that we knew nothing, we went on talking without listening to

each other. Sometimes we flattered and praised each other, understanding that

we would be flattered and praised in return. Other times we abused and shouted

at each other, as if we were in a madhouse." -Tolstoy