The anti-imperialism of fools

Anthony Kennerson maroondog244 at lycos.com
Fri Feb 28 09:09:53 PST 2003

--

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:17:09

lbo-talk-digest wrote:

>Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:58:35 -0800 (PST)
>From: Michael Pugliese <debsian at pacbell.net>
>Subject: Re: Anti-Imperialism of Fools
>
> Ay carumba, Anthony! Read the whole piece, or just
>re-read the 2/3 or so I excerpted. 'Twasen't a cold
>dismissal ala the Jereselem Post or some Daniel Pipes
>column in the NY Post braying that Palestinians are
>uncivilized brutes, or denying the right to national
>self-determination of the Palestinians.
> I've posted here before, check the archives,
>longish docs on Arab Holocaust Denial. Edward Said,
>Norman Finkelstein and Leni Brenner (though his books
>are posted on Radio Islam and allied neo-Nazi
>websites) condemn w/o equivocation that hoorid shit.
> There is more than enough stupid, chauvinism by
>right-wing Jews in Israel and the USA AND unmodulated,
>politically tone-deaf and strategically/tactically
>muddled mindless militance from pro-Palestinian
>sectors on the US Left to fill volumes.
>Michael Pugliese

Ahhhh....easy there, Michael!!!! I was condemning that particular Spotlight article about comparing opposition to Zionism with anti-Semetism; I was not condemning your personal positions.

Of course, it goes without saying that there are some pro-Zionists who do happen to oppose the present Israeli government's sadistic policy, and there are some defenders of the Palestinian cause with some real reactionary motives and causes. And no one despises fundamentalist Islam (or fundamentalism of any other religion) other than I do. I'm simply tired of some Zionists -- whether they be liberal, conservative, or otherwise -- always attempting to justify the current Israeli policies by quoting the sufferings of the Holocaust, or bringing out the anti-Semetic card anytime they are being called out.

Sorry for the misread.

Anthony

_____________________________________________________________ Get 25MB, POP3, Spam Filtering with LYCOS MAIL PLUS for $19.95/year. http://login.mail.lycos.com/brandPage.shtml?pageId=plus&ref=lmtplus