Fwd: Re: POCs

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Fri Feb 28 21:39:18 PST 2003

>>That is more background than you want. Yes, we have to deal with the
problem.
>>We can benefit by open and pretty fearful discussion - but not all the
>>painful points will be aimed at white radicals. It is very easy when race
>>is involved to play the race card when it isn't in the deck. The same was
>>(and sometimes still is) the case with the women's movement.
>>
>>In haste, but not, sorry, brevity,
>>David

Yeah, that's true about feminism. We just had a small mixed group (anarchist) fly apart here based on accusations of sexism (or, in the words of the parting manifesto the men were 'allied with the rape culture') which in my opinion was a case of playing the card when it wasn't in the deck. The only cure for this is to insist that the criticism be very specific. Otherwise, how can anyone be expected to cure the violation?

Jenny Brown