Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 2 18:03:31 PST 2003

David Schanoes wrote:

>Don't you think that split between young whites=GOP, African-Americans=Dems
>is a rudimentary index to economic status?

Not exactly. Many young whites aren't very well off. There's certainly a racial angle to affiliation with the Reps, but it's not entirely explicable by income. The Reps are the party of white pride!

> And if a common point among revolutionists is to actually develop a
>process, method, program, activity for revolution, doesn't that process need
>to reflect, attract, and be developed by the economically less advantaged?
>In which case, Yoshie is right on it.

Of course. Who would disagree with that? You think that invoking the need for revolution is enough to get people to sign up?

>Notice how I used non-inflammatory language to avoid bruising the delicate
>sensitivies of the more refined? Believe me, it ain't easy.

Couldn't help yourself, could you?

Doug