Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Thu Jan 2 21:48:08 PST 2003

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> Those were the days when anarchists were mainly anarcho-syndicalists.
> Outside the USA, anarcho-syndicalism may be still the main form of
> anarchism. Within the USA, though, syndicalism does not appear to be
> the dominant tendency -- nay, it appears to be a marginal tendency in
> anarchism. That may be in itself a problem.

One the one hand, there's something a bit insulting about being lectured by you as to what anarcho-syndicalism is, considering I've been a part of that movement for awhile now and write regularly on topics related to it.(Notice the IWW email addy I'm writing you from.)

On the other hand, I realize it's just a part of your "Yoshie must have the last word on the subject"/war of attrition tactic you engage in regularly on the list, so I won't take it personally.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche