Electoral Dilemmas Re: Color of Anarchism

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 3 13:17:44 PST 2003

>andie nachgeborenen wrote:
>
>>Though my real point was that the Southern Strategy
>>had to do with fear, not pride.
>
>White supremacists are proud of being white. They think their skin
>color marks them as the bearers of civilization (even though they're
>generally poor advertisements for their cause). Surely you're not
>denying that?
>
>Doug

An overt and public expression of "white pride," "white power," "white supremacy," etc. is probably a no-no even in the Republican Party. Lott broke the unsaid protocol about it. The main strategy is to incite the fear of (especially unorganized) white workers and middle strata, presenting them as _victims_ of affirmative action, "white baiting," etc. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/>