Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...

billbartlett at dodo.com.au billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sat Jan 4 10:33:18 PST 2003

At 12:00 PM -0500 3/1/03, Chuck0 wrote:

> If the power of government rests on the consent of the governed, the use of force, and the belief that government is necessary, than if we go off and form alternatives we would be undermining the power and legitimacy of the state.

The alternative to government of the people is no government of the people. Where are you going to go off to, to set up such an alternative arrangement? Unfortunately all the territory of planet earth comes under the jurisdiction of one government or other. Some places are governed by multiple jurisdictions. Running away is not a viable strategy for social change, for this amongst other reasons.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas