color of anarchism

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 14:28:25 PST 2003

--- Quenby Alclaire <flagrant_sake at yahoo.com> wrote:
> suprise! in the faq they say black anarchist don't
> like being patronized.
> that's what i thought.
> http://www.illegalvoices.org/apoc/freaq/issues.html

I bet those guys have lots of ENTERTAINING stories about white leftists trying to brown-nose them!

The trick that vanguardists do that always makes me howl with laughter is when they approach a person of color and then call over a person of color in their group (the same race as the person that they are trying to recruit) to "talk" with the person. The subtext is, "look, we've got people JUST LIKE YOU in our group, so just sign on the dotted line."

I used to think this was an American phenomenon, but when I was in France a long time ago, I went to a demo accompanied by an Algerian friend. Somebody from the French pro-Albania party (cant remember their name now...anyway a french version of the Enver Hoxa fan club) started "chatting him up". Sure enough, they called over the ONLY Algerian in their group to continue the recruitment effort. After the charade was over, my friend told me, "These groups are always doing this to me...they always have an algerian come and talk to me."

Thomas

===== "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

"Money eats quality and shits out quantity" -William Burroughs