color of anarchism

Todd Archer todda39 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 5 09:35:59 PST 2003

Not Applicable said:

>From an anarchist perspective, we'd rather people relate to each other
> >from an internationalist perspective, rather than the below mentioned
> >practice.

We're not talking about internationalism.

>From a Marxist perspective, I'd rather see people relate to each other that
way too. However, an internationalist perspective isn't something that pops up spontaneously, from what I've read and experienced; it has to be learned.

And just what is the "below mentioned practice" to be called?

>People are often looking to "fit in" - if they join a political group >for
>the same reason that socially-starved people join tight-knit >church
>communities, they aren't going to be doing the revolutionary >movement any
>favours.

Sorry, I don't see your point here. What do "socially-starved people" (whatever that means) joining a group have to do with people of colour talking to a member of an org who looks like them? Wanting to "fit in" is pretty natural, although conditioned by society, history, psychology, etc. But your observation seems to imply that people who want to join a group JUST want to fit in, to anything. They don't care what the group is, they just "want in". A bit simplistic that seems to me.

As for "them" harming the revolutionary movement, I think you're giving these sort of people, assuming they exist, far too much power and credit.

Todd

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8 is here: Try it free* for 2 months http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup