Color of Anarchism Re: Protest ISO...

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Jan 5 18:39:33 PST 2003

n/ a wrote:

> There's a lot wrong with black bloc tactics, and how they are carried
> out and where. A lot of the time, lifestyle "anarchists" will show up to
> small demos with a small number masked up, for apparently no good
> reason. They serve as a laughing stock for the crowd, and also the
> anarchists in attendance at the demo [sometimes an embarassment, actually].

Given that lifestyle anarchists don't exist, it is news to me that these mythical creatures have dress codes.

There are anarchists who show up at demos dressed in black. This does not make them black bloc. Hell, I've showed up at demos wearing black when we weren't doing a bloc.

Needless to say, I disagree that there is "a lot wrong with black bloc tactics." I am extremely disappointed, however, when I see anti-BB comments from so-called 'anarchists' that sound like they were written by liberals. Thank goodness these people are a small minority in anarchist circles.

Chuck0

------------------------------------------------------------ Personal homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/

"The state can't give you free speech, and the state can't take it away. You're born with it, like your eyes, like your ears. Freedom is something you assume, then you wait for someone to try to take it away. The degree to which you resist is the degree to which you are free..." ---Utah Phillips