Economic Determinism? NOT!

n/ a blackkronstadt at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 7 12:52:13 PST 2003

>To avoid misconstrual, and to stick to my metaphor: I think Justin is
>attempting to give adult answers to childish questions. And that is
>usually a waste of breath. For the most part those who babble of Marx's
>(or Marxists') "economic determinism" simply don't know what they are
>saying, and are not about to take any answer except simple confirmation
>seriously. They will not be able to _see_ or _hear_ any answer which
>does not conform to their mechanical presuppositions, and those
>mechanical presuppositions make the phrase "Marx's economic determinism"
>a mere tautology.

To yet again clarify, my charge of Marx's economic determinism was not one designed to cast a broad brush over marxism and its history as a whole. My comment [and I stand by its accuracy which I have clearly defended] was in relation to Marx's view [and slander/lies] against anarchism. When discussing the anarchist/marxist split its important to bring up the issue of economic determinism because it plays a crucial and underlying role in many themes of debate - such as, should the the working class sieze political power or make social and economic revolution first? All too often these debates are sacked by those marxists who would rather attack anarchism on a more superficial level.

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail