Self-determination

Brian O. Sheppard x349393 bsheppard at bari.iww.org
Wed Jan 8 02:56:44 PST 2003

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, ChrisD(RJ) wrote:

> ChrisD(RJ) wrote:
>
> >Ukraine the fount of world civilization
>
> Is it true that Ukranians eat deep-fried chunks of pork fat?
>
> Doug
> ----
> Yes. It is called "salo." Russians eat it too. It is disgusting. The book
> they've been trying to ban in Russia on pornography charges is called "Gay
> Salo.

As you may know, "Salo" is also the name Mussolini gave to the fascist "Italian Social Republic" in northern Italy in 1943.

And I'll never forget the 70's Italian film directed by Pasolini of the same name - the one with the feces-eating scenes in it. If eating Ukrainian salo is anything like that, I can do without.

Brian

--

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." - Friedrich Nietzsche