progress!

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed Jan 8 10:36:17 PST 2003

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>I have to admit that I agree with him. The bible is, after all, a book,
>and a ban on studying a book amounts to censorship.

-They're not planning to study the bible like a book - they're -planning to revere it as the revealed word of god, and as such, has -no place in a public school. Anyone who seriously studied the bible -as a book would be regarded as an agent of Satan.

So what's wrong with students voluntarily gathering together to study the bible as the revealed word of God on public property? They aren't forcing anyone else to do so or even forcing them to witness it-- just asking for equal rights of access to public facilities as any other student group.

The proper response is for those with opposition ideas to form an atheists club, not censor the religious students.

-- Nathan Newman