Stability was<Re: Helen Thomas vs. Ari Fleischer>

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Wed Jan 8 16:37:51 PST 2003

a msg from cbcox at ilstu.edu on 1/8/03 3:17 PM included ...

>D) Under present world conditions it makes little sense to speak of
>"threat to stability" in reference to any other nation than the U.S.

Speaking of stability. Loosely...

I missed any discussion during the recent Trent Lott discussion on whether Lott had significant enough silent support within the legislature to disrupt GOP unity in reaction to his ouster.

I guess only time will tell, but it occurred to me that such could turn out to be a more disruptive force than the counter of having Frist as majority leader.

If there was any discussion that I missed I'd greatly appreciate a brief synopsis or a pointer to an archive topic.

Martin