they be bad, so we can be badder...

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Thu Jan 9 12:56:16 PST 2003

"...You missed my point, which was to show that you were attempting to hold the US to a higher normative standard of justification regarding the intervention in the affairs of another country than, say, you hold Iraq's justification or lack thereof, in the invasion of Kuwait..."

um...it was wrong for iraq to attack kuwait..okay? but it was even more wrong for the US to attack iraq... why? because we are americans, not iraqis or kuwaitis, and are responsible for us, not them...

these points about shared evil from the ivory towers have meaning, but only to dwellers in those towers...

since we have no control over our own attackers, the TDs compare us with the evil "them"...because of the immaterial weakling "us"???

fs