Deleuze & Guattari, Zizek on Arendt (More from Brennan)

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 13:41:50 PST 2003

> On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 10:13 PM, Carrol
> Cox wrote:
>
> > "Counter-revolutionary" is your word, not mine.
> Brennan shows them more
> > respect than I have for them, because I have from
> the beginning put
> > _Empire_ in the same category with other pop works
> such as Korzybski's
> > _Science and Sanity_

Wow, now that is a "pop" work, "Science and Sanity". I wonder how many people (even on this learned list) have heard of Korzbyski, General Semantics or E-Prime. Some pop-work... it is even more difficult to read than that other "pop" work, "Empire". Why dont we just go ahead and throw in that other "pop" classic, "Phenomenology of Spirit", for good measure?

Have you read that one Carrol or is your opinion based on some review or maybe because you may have heard that it attacks Aristotle?

-Thomas

===== "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

"Money eats quality and shits out quantity" -William Burroughs