Deleuze & Guattari, Zizek on Arendt (More from Brennan)

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Thu Jan 9 21:41:07 PST 2003

Quoting Todd Archer <todda39 at hotmail.com>:

> >This is obviously some new and freaky understanding of Marxism with which
> >I am not familiar. Or perhaps an old and freaky one. I'm unclear on that
> >last part.
>
> <shrug> Don't know either. I've read a tiny bit about this sort of argument
> (and remember less), but it seemed to me as though the Marxists were being
> chided for stuffiness rather than having an all-embracing attitude of
> "Gee-Whiz! Ain't it all grand!"

Ah. I've heard this kind of summary, yes, although I don't actually recall having read anyone insisting that "Gee-Whiz! Ain't it all grand!" was an appropriate let alone insightful mode of analysis. I'd like to say Fiske. But I think even he has to be given more credit than that.

Catherine

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP at ArtsIT: http://admin.arts.usyd.edu.au/horde/imp/