RES: More on Hardt & Negri from Brennan

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Sat Jan 11 03:47:47 PST 2003

There aren't many colonies left in the world. What is this reality called imperialism (ultra or non ultra) that can exist without colonies?

Ulhas

-Ulhas:

-According to the marxist theory of imperialism, you can have imperialism -withouth colonies, since a country can get effective control over a -(formally independent) countries by owning his natural resources and -infrastructure, or by menas of international borrowings (see Rosa -Luxembourg- Capital accumulation). This laready happens in my country, -where 50% of our industry is foreing owned. It will happen with your too -as the opening of Indian economy goes on. By accepting this, we are -effectively surrendering our sovereignity, as decisions concerning -our economic development took part outside our frontiers.

Alexandre Fenelon