The Bush Defense

John K. Taber jktaber at tacni.net
Sat Jan 11 13:50:29 PST 2003

"Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> wrote:

> Payroll tax is simple -- just multiply wages by 15.3%.
> (that includes the employer's half; employee only is 7.65%.)

Max, I think including the employer's half is double counting, unless you first give the employee the employer's 7.65% as his wage/salary before you take it away as his payroll tax.

It's simpler to treat the employee's payroll tax as just 7.65% of his wage.

On another subject more lighthearted, somebody said "unlurk". Shouldn't it be "delurk?"

German would be wonderful for this. Einlurken, auflurken, auslurken, umlurken, anlurken, verlurken, etc. I'm getting carried away already.

-- Wiederlurken, John K. Taber