fat

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 12 06:01:50 PST 2003

>From: Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>
>
>>The general misery over obesity is characteristic of an epidemic of
>>morosity that is gripping Western societies: real social advance seems to
>>present greater problems than it fixes. But this is a misjudgement. Tragic
>>as obesity is, it is a symptom of the first steps to the eradication of
>>hunger.
>>
>>--
>>James Heartfield
>>
>>http://www.heartfield.demon.co.uk/james1.htm
>
>Well, James, that's dialectic run amok. It's not as though we have to
>necessarily go through the stage of obesity (antithesis) in order to move
>from hunger (thesis) to health (synthesis), is it?
>--
>Yoshie

Gee, Yoshie, you just don't appreciate subtle thinking! James' conclusion shares much the same the rigorous reasoning shown by US forces in Vietnam, i.e.: "We had to destroy the village in order to save it." :)

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail